Pigfarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family not through Blood.

2 posters

Go down

Family not through Blood.  Empty Family not through Blood.

Post by Melanie Frost Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:26 pm

Melanie rubbed her hands nervously together; the ball was just few days away and she had gotten no answer from her mother yet, which meant that she had not seen the letter or didn't give a flying flambergarm and that meant Mel had no dress and no nothing for the ball.

She sighed as she walked closer to Terra's office. Terra was her ... well she was her uncle James' best friend and Mel looked at her pretty much as her aunt, and always called her that.

When she reached the door to the room that she knew held Terra's big office, she hesitated a bit before knocking and opening the doors slowly, only sticking her head in at first. "Auntie Ter?"
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Family not through Blood.  Empty Re: Family not through Blood.

Post by Terra Coleko Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:39 pm

The ball was a few days away and Terra still hadn't bought her dress. She had just finished all of the paperwork that had drowned her for the past two weeks. Sighing in relief, she sprawled herself on top of her desk, staring up at her ceiling.

Terra was asked to chaperon the ball, and she had gladly agreed. Of course, she had forgotten the part that she couldn't wear jeans and a tank top to a ball.

Looking up at the mention of her name, Terra grinned. "Mellers!" she exclaimed, jumping off her desk and walking towards her 'niece', pulling her into a one armed hug. "What's up, kiddo?"
Terra Coleko
Terra Coleko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Frost Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Melanie gave away a dramtic sigh as Terra pulled her into an one armed hug. "Well," she started, sighing again. "I can't really tell uncle James this, because that would be soooo awkward, so instead I'm telling you," she smiled. "You know that there is that ball soon.. and I was kinda asked to it." she blushed slightly.

She then sighed again, crossing her arms. "But well you know my parents," she scowled. "I wrote mum and all and asked her for a dress, but she hasn't responded and knowing her, she wont respond. And I can't go alone shopping, but I was told that if I went with a Professor or adult that it would be okay.. so I guess what I'm wondering is, that if you want to be the best auntie ever?" Mel batted her eyes pleadingly at Terra. "I can pay for it my self and all I just need some help picking a dress out."
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra Coleko Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Terra raised an eyebrow as Mel sighed dramatically. Her eyes lit up at the mention of putting James and Mel in an awkward situation. She shuddered slightly as she remembered her own awkward moment including James.

"Yeah, it's better you tell me," Terra said quickly. A grin appeared on her face as Mel mentioned the ball and her date. "Ooh! Wittle Melly is growing up! Who asked you? Tell me now or I will...do stuff," she demanded, not really having a threat...yet.

"I'm already the best auntie ever, but sure. I needed to get a dress anyway," Terra smirked. "And, if you're buying the dress, then I'm buying everything else. Deal?"
Terra Coleko
Terra Coleko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Frost Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Mel blushed again, groaning silently. "SkyRiderhe'sastudentmyageincrux" she breathed out "heseemednice." she then added almost not loud enough for Terra to hear.

She smiled. "Really? You don't have to pay you know, shoes and stuff are expensive," Mel said, rubbing her hands nervously together again, before raising her eyebrows slightly as everything Terra had said had sunken into her head. "With who and why are you going to the ball?"

Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra Coleko Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:44 pm

Catching nothing of what Mel said, Terra blinked twice. "I'm sorry, what?" she asked, moving her ear closer to Mel. "Speak slower and louder please."

Waving off her niece's nervous babbling, Terra sat down on one of the desks. "If I need anymore money than I'll just steal it from James," she told her, shrugging.

Cheeks tinging pink, Terra cleared her throat in embarrassment. "One, I'm chaperoning. And, two, I don't have a date. Even if I did, that would be none of your business, little girl," she said, sticking her tongue out at the end.
Terra Coleko
Terra Coleko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Frost Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:50 pm

Mel groaned again. "His name is Sky. He's in Crux, my year. He's nice." she managed out.

Desperate to get the subject off herself, Mel grinned from ear to ear before she poked Terra in the cheek "Why dont you get a date? Or are you going solo so you can dance with every male person there? And by the way, I'm not little." she said with a small scowl.
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra Coleko Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Deciding to cut Mel some slack, Terra dropped the subject of her date. Of course, she regretted this when Mel kept asking about her own date for the ball.

"I don't really want a date," Terra said, shrugging. "Plus, nobody's really asked me."

Smirking, Terra patted Mel on her head. "Aww. The little girl thinks that she's all grown up. Isn't that cute?" she teased.

Terra Coleko
Terra Coleko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Frost Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Melanie laughed. "Well auntie Terra, I don't think you need a date, you'll look gorgeous on your own! But you do need a dress and I'm really thankful you want to go with me to get mine too." she smiled. "It's a lot less awkward than if I'd have to pull uncle James shopping with me, and frankly I think you have a better taste." she laughed.

Mel scowled. "I am not that little and I have grown up a lot." She said, placing her hands on her hips.

At least after snogging Leo
, she thought to herself blushing at the memory.
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down