Pigfarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I might burn cereal (McKinnon Family)

+5
Lizbet McKinnon
Matthew McKinnon
Odette McKinnon
William McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I might burn cereal (McKinnon Family)  Empty I might burn cereal (McKinnon Family)

Post by Melanie McKinnon Wed May 02, 2012 2:59 pm

(O.O.C: EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU CAN JOIN! .. This happens before second year so we can all be there Very Happy Broskall, smileyface, stuffness.)

Mel worked her way towards the table, cereal bowl in one hand, a glass filled with milk in the other and the spoon in her mouth.

Carefully she placed the two objects in her hands down, and propped herself on one of the stools, opening her mouth and watching as the spoon fell into her bowl and milk splattered around and on the table. She pulled up her wand, got rid of the mess and made a mental note to remember next time that she could easily use her wand to levitate her dinner (breakfast really, or lunch seeing as she missed those as well, but seeing as it was after-dinner time, she decided to call it dinner, even though it was just lousy cereal).

The blonde took in a spoonful of cereal and sighed happily, turning around quickly when there was a noise behind her. “Mrowring!” she swallowed and grinned. “Morning!”

Last edited by Melanie McKinnon on Thu May 03, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

I might burn cereal (McKinnon Family)  Empty Re: I might burn cereal (McKinnon Family)

Post by William McKinnon Wed May 02, 2012 5:30 pm

Wow. That must have been a good night.

Tiredly, Will made his way down towards the kitchen area, head pounding, to find his eldest sister already in the kitchen. "Is it?" he murmured in response, slumping onto a stool and resting his head in his arms on the counter. "Don't even talk. My head is thumping."

He straightened up and rubbed his eyes, before frowning a little, looking from the bowl in his sister's hand to the dark outside. "It's... not morning," he said slowly, piecing the two together, before grinning a little. "Seems you had an even better night than me."

Will waited a moment for Mel to seat herself, before grabbing some flakes from the top of her bowl and chucking them into his mouth, pulling his legs up and crossing them beneath him as he balanced precariously on the stool. "Y'know, this isn't very good dinner. Or are we just really early for breakfa-" His final words were lost as he proceeded to yawn widely.
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

I might burn cereal (McKinnon Family)  Empty Re: I might burn cereal (McKinnon Family)

Post by Melanie McKinnon Wed May 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Mel rolled her eyes, leaning over to pat William on the head. "Aw, did wittle brother have too much fun?" she bit the inside of her cheek grinning. William did like partying and drinking a lot - but then again so did she... a lot.

She kicked off her shoes, and then her socks followed. "My night was... adventurous. Guess you had a nice time then?" she looked at the clock on the wall, grinning over at her brother again.

Mel forced down another spoonful of flakes. "This is great dinner," she replied, stirring with her spoon in her bowl. "Well at least I'm not going to burn it, like if I tried actually cooking. D'you want some? Too bad, I finished all of it!"

Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by William McKinnon Wed May 02, 2012 7:51 pm

"Adventurous?" Will snorted, grinning at his sister. "That's a new term for it. Might have to use that one." He leaned his hand on his chin and watched her finish the rest of her cereal. "My night was good. And my morning was pretty good too. Bed was nice this afternoon." He smirked, before looking over at the door.

"Where are the others?" Will asked, casting a sidelong glance at the door. "Have they gone to something and we weren't invited?" Even though he felt like trash, Will hated to pass up on any opportunity to go out. He looked at Mel, before poking her with his foot. "I think you should make us a cuppa. My head's broken."
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Wed May 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Mel rolled her eyes, swallowing the last of her cereal. "Your bed was nice?" she repeated, her eyebrows furrowing a little. "I’m just going to go with the innocent meaning of that sentence and decide that meant you had a nice sleep, alone and not ask if that’s the correct meaning. Thought tut tut on sleeping during the afternoon, you should rather not sleep at all." she winked.

Turning on her stool, the blond pushed herself up and walked around the table. "But I’ll burn it." she replied, biting the inside of her chin again as a grin threatened to spread over her face. "If that’s even possible."

"I think what you need is really fat food, it does wonders for hangovers, but I’m not going to make you some so... Tea, it is!" she opened one of the cupboards and pulled out two cups. "And to answer your earlier question, I’m guessing the innocent ones of ‘the others’ are asleep and the rest is out, not that you’d want to be around them, it’s quite scarring."
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette McKinnon Wed May 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Odette walked to the kitchen, rubbing her eyes and yawning every now and then. She couldn't sleep and was planning on sneaking into the kitchen and steal some cookies while everybody was doing something else. But her plan failed when she heard voices in the kitchen.

She walked into the kitchen and the first thing she noticed was a bowl on the table and she ran to the table.

"Weee! Cereal!" She shouted as she crawled up on the stool, but to her disappointment the bowl was empty. She looked up at her brother, big eyed and pouting. "I want cereal too." she said and her lower lip wobbled a bit, like it always did just before she started crying.
Odette McKinnon
Odette McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by William McKinnon Wed May 02, 2012 9:21 pm

"Cheers," Will said with a smile as his sister got up. "I have faith in you. No-one's ever burnt tea. If you manage, it's more of a feat than an accident." He let his head slump back onto the counter.

Oooooooh Merlin Odette was here. Will winced as his sister squealed, clutching at his head a bit, before smiling feebly at her. He looked down at her, and saw her lip starting to wobble. Uh oh.

Reaching down, he grabbed Odette by the waist and pulled her up to sit on the stool with him. "I'm sure Mel can get you some cereal, Oddie," he told her, tickling her a little. "If she's not being a piiiig and eaten it all." He winked over at his older sister, before pondering thoughtfully. "I'll take you up on that offer. One of your best, smouldering, burnt fried egg sandwiches, if you please." He rested his chin gently on top of Odette's head and smiled. "I am really hungry, actually."
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Wed May 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Mel grimaced; it was always bloody hard to refuse Odette, when she had that look on, but the blond knew there was no cereal left, because she had finished it. "Cereal is for breakfast, Odette." Mel said smiling sweetly at her sister. "You've already had breakfast, wont you rather have a cookie?" Yeah, bribing a seven year old, that's cool.

"So burnt tea and sammie coming up!" she walked towards the fridge, the floor tickling her naked toes. "I'm only being nice to you, this once, I haven't even decided why,seeing as you just called me a pig." she told her brother, before she smiled brightly over at Odette. "Oddie, why don't you lean towards Willy's ear and sing him a loud song?" she winked at them, that could pass for some sort of payback.

Last edited by Melanie McKinnon on Thu May 03, 2012 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew McKinnon Wed May 02, 2012 10:12 pm

It was late in the evening when Matthew finally finished his work for the evening. Seeing as he got sidetracked on his paper about fire incantations, he had to catch up. Which meant he had given up three nights in a row to work on it and finish. Every time he tried to do the charm, he messed up because he kept thinking about Ari. He wasn't quite sure what to do about her, especially not since Lizbet found out. Knowing his sister, the rest of the family would know soon. Or he would have to do things to keep her happy. He would have to try.

He was intending on just having a quick bite in the kitchen, but his thoughts were ruined when he realized he wasn't the only one there, the large room already occupied by three of his siblings. He ran his hand through his hair and contemplated going back to his room. Those thoughts were ruined though, when his stomach grumbled and he realized he was really quite hungry. Maybe skipping dinner hadn't been the smartest idea.

"Evening," he muttered as he entered the kitchen, grabbing himself a banana from the fruitbowl and sitting on the empty chair next to his eldest sister. "W-what are you guys doing up s-still?" he asked them, opening the yellow fruit and taking an eager bite to settle his stomach.
Matthew McKinnon
Matthew McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette McKinnon Wed May 02, 2012 10:27 pm

"But Mel," Odette started, stretching out the 'e'. "I don't want cookies anymore, I want cereal!" Odette all but shouted t her sister. She really wanted the cereal now that she couldn't have it. "Why can't I have cereal?" She asked and looked at her siblings with big watery eyes and her lip wobbling like crazy.

"I won't sing a song until I get cereal." She said and crossed her arms, refusing to look at her sister. Her eyes shot to the doorway as Matthew entered.

"Mattie!" She said and got out of Will's lap and climbed onto Matthews' lap. "Melly says I can't have cereal! Will you give me cereal?" She asked.
Odette McKinnon
Odette McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by William McKinnon Wed May 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Will pulled a face at Mel's suggestion, headache spiking at the mere thought of Odette singing in his ear. Needless to say he was glad when his little sister declined.

Matthew joined and Odette scrambled from his lap, leaving him once again to collapse in a heap on the counter. "I only just got up, to tell you the truth, Matt," he murmured into his arm, closing his eyes against the noise.

He couldn't quit figure out why Mel was so chipper if she'd only just got up too. Or maybe she hadn't. Maybe she just hadn't gone to bed. Will groaned a little, before murmuring with his face still buried in his arms, "Can someone get me some water? I can't actually move."
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Looking up when Matthew entered, Mel raised her eyebrows. "Wow, late night Matty? Don't tell me you were out too? That would be a first." she grinned teasingly.

Groaning, the woman frowned at her little sister. "Okay, you want cereal?" she asked, smirking before she walked towards another cupboard and pulled out a box of chocolate cookies. "I'll give ya stuff in a bowl." she grinned, crumbling the cookies and letting them drop in a bowl before walking towards the fridge and fetching milk.

She put the bowl down in front of her sister and then turned to the fridge again. "I feel like a fu-fousewife.. Housewife," she corrected herself. "Making you all food." she looked pointedly at William, speaking her next words in a sing-song voice. "Wittle bro cant even get his own water now? Careful, laziness makes you fa-at!" she glanced at the clock, almost 20 hours since she got up.
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizbet McKinnon Wed May 02, 2012 11:47 pm

Liz stumbled into the house, closing the door with her elbow and then falling against it. She giggled, raising one of her legs so she could pull of her shoe and then the same with the other.

Still holding her shoes, she managed to stumble her way towards the stairs, giggling every now and then, but when she had just about reached them she heard noises coming from the kitchen, and at the thought of it her stomach growled. Sighing slightly, the red head turned around and made her way towards the kitchen.

The sight that waited her inside the kitchen, made the girl sober up slightly and she grimaced. "Hey." she said, leaning against the counter before she groaned, she could feel a headache coming on.
Lizbet McKinnon
Lizbet McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 am

Sir Renaldi was scratching at the door. That was the only reason Laura had left her bedroom. Her adorable kitten had to go.

That fact irritated the brunette. She had been in the middle of making a mural of the family on her wall. Now that inspiration was gone. Gone! Never to return again. That notion was made especially true by Laura's...distracted nature.

The female member of the McKinnon Twins padded down the hall, her bare feet making silent slapping sounds against the floor, deciding on stopping at the kitchen for a butterbeer. She was going to finish that mural if it was the last thing she did, and falling asleep wouldn't help her do that.

However, as Laura walked into the room, she noticed that the majority of her siblings were there. "Are we having a family reunion?" she asked, waltzing towards the fridge. Upon opening it, she saw that they were out of butterbeer.

"Awh..." she pouted, before yelling much louder than necessary, "Mel! We're out of butterbeer!"
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Weasley Thu May 03, 2012 2:02 am

Willow wandered down the hall, her latest book finished, wanting more to read. Or at least to wander around a bit. It was far too early to think about sleeping. Her teddybear was clutched in her arms, thumb between her lips as she nibbled on it slightly. The sound of voices and movement drew her to the kitchen, hesitating in the doorway as she noticed her siblings gathering in there.

Hiding behind the doorframe slightly, she watched them talk, noticing the cereal that her little sister seemed to want, clutching her teddy closer to her chest. Now that she was here she wanted a drink, but there were far too many people in there to ask. Perhaps she could just slip in unnoticed and then out while they were all busy talking? Then she could go back to wandering about on her own.

She began tiptoeing into the kitchen, heading for the glasses, wondering if she wanted juice or milk. Such a hard decision to make.
Ginny Weasley
Ginny Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver McKinnon Thu May 03, 2012 3:19 am

Oliver entered the house with a huff, his Leviboard slung over his left shoulder. He had just been out practicing with his mates for most of the day, and he was exhausted and starving. He sat his Leviboard down just inside the door and headed to the kitchen. As he rounded the corner, he noticed that most of his siblings were in there now, and it appeared that Willow had just walked, or rather, tried to sneak in.

Smirking, Oliver walked up behind Willow and grabbed her, swinging her over his shoulder with ease. He carried her over to the stools where the others were and sat her down on one. "Think you could sneak in, did you?" he signed, shaking with laughter. He went over to the fridge, took out the carton of apple juice, and poured himself a cup. "So, what's everyone doing up this late?" he signed, raising an eyebrow at his siblings.
Oliver McKinnon
Oliver McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by William McKinnon Thu May 03, 2012 8:23 am

Will winced as his twin's voice suddenly sliced through his head, looking up to see her at the fridge. "We've run out of silence too," he mumbled, before turning to look over his shoulder.

Liz was there, looking like she had only just come in, in the similar stage to how he had been at seven this morning. "Liz, you shouldn't drink," he said flatly. "You'll end up like me." He yawned again, opening his eyes to see Oliver join, Willow over his shoulder. His younger sister was put on a stool beside him and he smiled wearily. "Is it too noisy for you to sleep, Willow?" he asked, gesturing around him. "Same here." He grinned and watched Oliver sign something. Oh God, he wished his eyes weren't so bleary. After a quick scrutiny as he thought hard about what was being signed, Will replied.

"Okay, so I've just got up, Liz has just got in, Mel's cooking hangover food. Oddie wants cereal, Matt's been doing something - we're very impressed - Laura's being noisy-" He spared his twin a good natured glare "-and Willow is up and quiet and not at all hangover terrorising." Was that a word? "What're you doing up?" He smiled, deciding there was now no chance of going back to sleep.
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew McKinnon Thu May 03, 2012 10:17 am

Matthew decided now was not the right time to point out that he had been up doing homework, so instead he stayed silent and wrapped his arms around Odette as she sat in his lap. As slowly every single one of their family members entered the kitchen, Matthew tried to decide why everyone was up at this ungodly hour, but he just settled with the explanation William gave them.

When Willow was swung into the chair next to him, Matt smiled at her. He'd seen she was there, but after he cast one look at her, he had realized she'd rather not be noticed. So he left her be. His brother however, seemed to have other plans and Matthew shook his head. He moved his hands to be under Odette's armpits, lifted her up and set her down on his chair as he got up to the fridge.

He noticed his sister was staring longingly at Oliver's apple juice and William still hadn't gotten his water. Because Matthew didn't quite know what to do with himself, he poured his little sister and older brother their drinks, taking a glass of water for himself as well as he brought them to the table, setting them in front of them. He placed his own glass on the table as well so he could lift Odette and set her on his lap again. He might not be very strong, but even he could gather the strength to lift is seven year old sister.

"W-why are you s-still awake Willow? C-could you n-not sleep?" he asked, smiling as he brought the glass to his lips. "P-please d-don't tell me you w-were out d-drinking like the r-rest of them?" he joked.
Matthew McKinnon
Matthew McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Weasley Thu May 03, 2012 10:31 am

Willow thought she'd got in. She thought she had it, no one had noticed, they were too busying talking. She let out a yelp of surprise as she was picked up, clutching onto whoever it was who'd thrown her over their shoulder before being plonked down on a seat, looking up to see Oliver and smiling bashfully as he signed, pulling her knees up to her chest, squishing her teddy. The guilty look on her face said everything really.

As William explained why everyone was up, a smile tugged at her lips, pleased she was described as 'not terrorising'. She couldn't imagine a hangover was plesant. When Matthew placed a glass of apple juice in front of her, Willow's eyes lit up, finally speaking to murmur a 'thank you!' before she began taking a gulp of the juice. Definitely a better choice to milk.

"I wasn't out drinking," she assured, though she doubted he was serious. "I don't ever want a hangover, it looks horrible. I-!" she turned her attention to her orange juice, deciding she probably shouldn't say why she was up in case she got in trouble. "-I just woke up because I was thirsty."
Ginny Weasley
Ginny Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Thu May 03, 2012 12:09 pm

The kitchen was surely getting full, Mel noted, raising her eyebrows when Liz joined them and then again when Laura did. "Right why are you two awake? No wait, don't answer that Lizbet." she laughed slightly strained, and turned to Laura. "Yeaah.... about that butterbeer..." she trailed of, knowing very well were it all went.

Turning around, Mel's eyes went wide when Oliver joined and threw Willow on his shoulder, she hadn't even noticed her quiet sister yet. But then a grin spread over the blonde's face and she walked over to her brother, putting an arm around his shoulder and steering him towards the cooker. "Will wants a sammie and I wouldn't mind one either!"

She sat back down in her seat, wiggling her toes slightly. "Right, so this really is the McKinnon reunion of doom, ye?" she grinned brightly. "Been a long time since this has happened! Shall we sing a song to make it more fun?" she winked over at William and Lizbet who also seemed to be starting to struggle with a headache. Mel herself hadn't felt this awake in all the 20 something hours she'd been awake.
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizbet McKinnon Thu May 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Liz groaned again, her head had really started to be a pain, but she wasn't sure if that was because of the drinks or if it was her family causing it. She propped herself on a stool and clutched her head slightly when Laura entered, yeah she wasn't defiantly not the best person to be around when you could feel the hangover starting. Lovely.

Liz then gave William a pointedly look. "Truthfully I'd rather end up like you than Matthew, seeing as at least I'd be able to have a little fun," (and I really like drinking.) A smirk tugged at Liz's lips when she thought about her sentence. "Not that Matty hasn't been having 'fun' in the past." she crossed her legs, smiling innocently at her brothers. "I was just having a little bit of fun, I'm home early if you think about it, it's not even morning yet."

Liz looked at Willow, pondering about her sister for a second, she didn't say much, did she? Had she ever? Not really. Which was a bit weird for a McKinnon, most of them were bloody loud, guess she - other than Laura - would be a good hangover buddy. Fuck, her head was hurting. "Can someone go fetch me something to drink?"
Lizbet McKinnon
Lizbet McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by James Jackson Thu May 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Merlin, James wanted to go to bed. He couldn't though, because he had to stop by the McKinnon Mansion first. He'd spend the day with Mel, like he often did, but the blond woman had accidentally taken his jacket home, and he had taken hers. James knew Mel's love for her jacket, and then there was the love he had for his own. He wanted it back, so he decided to drop by.

He apparated right into the mansion, the wards not keeping him out. He set off to find his blond friend, quite surprised to find the entire McKinnon family in the kitchen. He listened to them talk, and a grin formed on his face when he heard Lizbet whine. He loved his friend's sister dearly, but she made it too easy for him sometime.

James grabbed his wand from where he'd put it and pointed it at Lizbet, casting a silent Aguamenti, water spurting from his wand, dousing the redhead from head to toe.

"Your drink, Princess," he said with a smirk, stepping inside the room as he leaned agaisnt the doorframe, Mel's leather jacket folded over his arm.
James Jackson
James Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette McKinnon Thu May 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Odette looked with big eyes at the 'cereal' Mel gave her and smiled. "Cookie cereal!' She shouted and started putting spoonfuls in her mouth. "mmm" Was the only thing she could say about the mix of crumbled cookies and milk while she had her mouth full.

As each of her other siblings entered Odette shouted their name, she never had been a quiet one, not since she learned to talk. And when She saw Oliver with Willow over his shoulder, she got jealous. Oliver had always been her favorite brother and she liked to keep him all for herself.

When Mel steered Oliver towards the cooker, the little girl's eyes lit up, she jumped from Mattie's lap and ran to the cooker. She tugged on Oliver's sleeve to get attention.

"Ollie," She said. "Can I hep you make sammies?" She asked him and put up her puppy eyes to make it harder for Ollie to refuse.

When James entered the room Odette smiled. "UNCLE JAMES!" She screamed and ran over to hug him.
Odette McKinnon
Odette McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Thu May 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Laura scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "I was not being noisy!" A second later, after realizing that she had shouted that, she blushed, smiling sheepishly. "Okay, maybe I was. But that's not why I'm up!"

The brunette turned to her younger sister, feeling extremely guilty. Willow was so shy and quiet and Laura herself was so oblivious that she had overlooked her entrance until Oliver had set her down near Will. "Hey, Lowie. How's it...going?"

Lame. The Pyxis had a way of talking to each of her siblings; the way she talked to Willow just happened to be Awkward Laura.

She looked over each of her siblings quickly, looking for something to stop herself from getting bored. The majority of them looked like crap. The others looked so innocent. It made Laura wish they wouldn't turn out like certain people she knew (*cough* Will and Liz *cough*).

"Ooh! Let's sing that song about the pigs and that old guy with a farm!" Laura grinned, bouncing on the balls of her feet in excitement, taking Mel's joke seriously. It wasn't that she didn't know she was joking, it was just that singing a song sounded like fun.

A laugh escaped Laura as someone--James, she realized--soaked Liz when she asked for a drink. "Jimmy!" she exclaimed loudly, momentarily forgetting that most of the people in the room were hungover. "Sorry!" she squeaked, covering her mouth quickly.
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver McKinnon Fri May 04, 2012 12:42 am

"I see. You know, you guys really shouldn't drink," Oliver signed in reply to Will's statement. He rolled his eyes as his little sister dug into her 'cereal'. Oliver groaned when Mel drug him over to the cooker to make sandwiches. He was really tired from practicing all day and just wanted to go to bed. He felt a tug on his sleeve and nodded with a smile when Odette asked to help. "Of course you can help!" Oliver couldn't resist Oddie's puppy dog eyes, she was just so adorable.

He went about making his 'famous' bacon and egg sandwiches, and turned around just in time to see Liz get doused in water by someone in the doorway. Shaking with laughter, he turned to see it was James. He walked over and gave James a high-five. "Nice job, Jamie!" he signed with a grin, knowing full well that James did not know sign language and probably had no clue what the hell he was saying. Still grinning, he walked back over to the cooker to finish up the sandwiches for Mel and Will, making one for himself as well.
Oliver McKinnon
Oliver McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next