Pigfarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig-Was-Bored-And-Made-A-Travel-Diary

Go down

Sig-Was-Bored-And-Made-A-Travel-Diary Empty Sig-Was-Bored-And-Made-A-Travel-Diary

Post by Lucy Odair Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:50 pm

So, I am very bored and decided, now that i can get on the computer maybe once or twice a day, to tell you guys about my trip to Le Espana. Feel free to reply to the topic with thoughts and comments and of course, to tell me how much you miss me Wink

June 26th

The plane left at 4:30 am. Which was terribruh. I met the other 14 icelandic kids for the first time at the airport, turns out that one of them is my cousin (I've never met him before though) and it was very great because i made two friends right away Agla and Magdalena! Later our group of friendshipness was joined by Birta! the other girls are all great too and I plan to go shopping with Birta and Salka during the weekend. The boys are all hilarious and I get on with all the kids! Which is amazing Wink Anyways, so the plane ride was four painful hours, I slept through some of them but kept jerking up because of the noise around me. The woman I sat next to was a doll though, she gave me gum and took nice care of me, the parentless teenager on the way to Espana!

Once we landed we got in a hideously purple-pink bus and drove for 4-5 hours to Zafra. IT WAS SO HOT. 43 degrees!!!!! It was like horror, but we had ice cream and sandwiches and lots of water. Lots and lots of water. We drove through sevilla and I actualyl recognized a few things, because i used to live there. It was epiccake.

Around 5ish we arrived in Zafra (spanish time) and we got into the classroom and were given fruits as we waited for our families to pick us up. My family was second to arrive, my "mother" is called Marabel (I THINK) and the "sister" is Patricia, my other "sister" is Sandra and then the Dad I have no idea what his name is but he's a sweetie and same is to say about the grandparents. Basically they are all very nice and friendly to me. So no, Sig, they are not drugdealers and not holding me hostage.. yet.

We ate hamon and bread, which was nice and then a lot of cherries. Man I love cherries. And then we went to bed, which mind you, was good because I had been awake for 36+ hours, but I couldnt fall asleep because of the hotness and the mother gave me a wet cloth to put on my forehead so that was all good!

27th if June (Day two)

Got up at 9, ate breakfast and was driven back to Zafra (Im staying in a small village outside of Zafra called La Lapa), my "parents" didn+t seem to know where they were supposed to drive me, so they left me at the school. Turns out no one was there butn thankfully the same happened to this boy, Snorri, who showed up alone too so we talked for a while until someone came and picked us up and drove us to meet the others at the library. Then we walked around the town for a while, but I was starting to feel really ill and fainty so Margrét (the woman controling this shit) took me to the hospital. Yep, been in spain for less than two days and already at the hospital. So much win. Doctor gave me like 7 pills and sent me home to rest, as in to my home in spain. Though I realyl wante dto go back to Iceland. But the mother and sister took great care of me and Im feeling better today. Yesterday I stayed in, reading and watching football. SPAIN WON.

28th of June (Day three)
That is todaay, today I havent done much, slept well through the night and until 11, had lots of food, even if I dont really want to eat. Eaten cherries <3 and I am going to the theatre tonight, so I'm obviously feeling a bit better. I'll write more about my day tomorrow I think!

I miss y'all!

Love
Sig
Lucy Odair
Lucy Odair

Back to top Go down

Sig-Was-Bored-And-Made-A-Travel-Diary Empty Re: Sig-Was-Bored-And-Made-A-Travel-Diary

Post by Lucy Odair Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:49 pm

June 28th

I went to the theatre, it was outside and hilarious. even if I understood like... 1/1000 of it Wink But it was still pretty funny and I talked a lot with the icelandic kids and that was mucho fun. They were all really caring when I showed up, hugging me and asking how I was feeling and stuff, so that was lovely. after the theatre we went home, had something to eat and went to bed, but it was a good day. The night was okay, a bit hard to fall asleep and then I woke up cold as hell in the morning.

June 29th

Anyways, after waking up around 8ish I had cornflakes for breakfast and then I was told to wear little clothing fdor it was very hot in Merida (The icelandic group was going on a fieldtrip to a town/city in Spain called Merida to look at some stuff), so I put on shorts and a tank top (thankfully I slipped a thin jumper into my bag, just in case.) It wasnt exactly cold in Merida, but going from 40-30 degrees of heat to only 16 is a bit weird (it became hotter around 2ish). Once we had looked at some stuff that can only describe in English, but I will put pictures of it on facebook one day, it was very amazing and beautiful - ANYWAYS when we were done with that we had about a hour and a half to do whatever we wanted, so obviously we decided to go shopping. I went shopping with Agla, Audur and Ingibjorg, who I get on with very well and it was very fun. These spanish people kept offering us flyers about restaurants and stuff and we accepted each one, though we didnt stay to eat Razz We also took pictures of all the signs around the city we could find. Around 1:30 it was time to go to the Romano Museum and that was really interesting, and again really pretty and I took lots of photos!

OH I also found out yesterday that Magdalena, the first girl I talked to, went home yesterday, which is really sad but her granfather is ill and she wanted to go home.
In about 1 hour Im going swimming and then we're having dance lessons, thats gonna be a bit insane Razz

The weather here is pretty good, 26 degrees or something I think. And I've had a bloody brilliant day. Im so amazed by how easily all of the icelandic kids get on with each other and seeing as none of you are here to give me attention I am going to tell you something about all of the kids.

Agla: Agla is the same age as my brother, but she's much more mature than he is, she has a great sence of humour, loves playing the piano and baking. She is really good to hang out with and on the bus ride to Zafra from the airport I sat with her and we had lots to talk about so we werent bored Razz

Ingibjorg: I barely knew her before today, but I found out today that she is amazingly funny, she can be a bit hyper and loud and bursts into song for no reason, but she's great to talk to and we sat together on the ride to Merida today and went shopping together and such and I really like her.

Salka: Salka is the girl that was supposed to share a house with me but they found her a new family, before the trip I had talked to her on facebook a few times and therefor knew her a little bit. It's easy talking to her, but I think the kids get on her nerves sometimes (mostly Palli and his sneak-attack-camera-time) but she promised to go shopping with me sometime!

Birta: Birta came off as very quiet and shy when I first talked to her (which probably is understandable) but now that I've talked to her so often it's really easy and fun to be around her, she's also promised to go shopping with me and I might stay a weekend over at her Spanish home sometime!

Margrét: Margrét is really shy and sometimes I see her just standing all by herself, staring after the others so I often try to make conversation with her and while we're talking it's usually really fun, so I'll make a mental note to include her in conversations more often.

Magga: I havent talked to Magga a lot, she's my age though and we've had like two conversation, both were smooth and easy and I think she's probably really fun, maybe a bit more girlish than the people I usually hang out with (no offense saedis) but not boring at all.

Hofý: Hófý is Magga's real life friend so they`re often together, she has gorgeous hair but I've only talked to her few times, but it was fun and like Magga she's a bit girly but she has a good sense of humour.

Audur: Audur is Hofýs sister, I hung out with her all day and I really like her, she's a bit girly like her sister but she can handle a spider, so thats a good thing Razz

Snorri: Snorri is the son of the woman controling this shit and he is pretty cute, though he's younger than me so no babypervertness going on here. He's funny, easy going and good to talk to. Like when we were both lost, we had a nice conversation.

Óttar: It turns out that Óttar is my cousin, I did not know that until mum recognized his mum at the airport. We had a nice conversation earlier about Spain. He can be a tiny bit rude and a show off, but boys will be boys Wink

Bodvar: Bodvar is funny a bit rude and honest, but funny. He likes painting, so I give him a apoint for that Wink Art is sexy. (He did get lost with the boys looking for Mcdonalds thoug .. *facepalm*)

Villi: Villi's the same ge as my brother and adorable, we havent taqlked much but he hangs mostly around with the boys andsometimes makes jokes with them.

Palli: Palli'sa bit of a show off, but he can talk to everyone and we've had many conversations, he's hilariously funny and really cute (hot) HE IS OLDER THAN I AM SO I CAN SAY THAT OKAY. He likes attacking us with his camera and making sure to block our way and can be a bit of a drama queen (like when he couldn+t find his sunglasses and the sun was shining right into his eyes, mind you, it was hilarious, though he didnt find it as funny as we did)

That+s all of them I think, god that was boring to wite, you guys should be on to keep me company!

p.s. the keyboard is shit.
Lucy Odair
Lucy Odair

Back to top Go down

Sig-Was-Bored-And-Made-A-Travel-Diary Empty Re: Sig-Was-Bored-And-Made-A-Travel-Diary

Post by Lucy Odair Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:38 am

More about June 29th:

After we went to the swimming pool, we went home, ate and got dressed and then Patricia and I went back to Zafra and met up with the icelandic and spanish people and went out. It was really fun, we were just walking around the city, talking and laughing and I actually understood the kids well, some of them did talk English to me but in the end Dani, Paco and Sergio were using me to translate their spanish to icelandic for the other kids that didn't understand, so I think I'm making a lot of progress with the language! We went home at two am after an amazing night.

June 30th

17 days till Iceland!

Spanish class started at 9:30, so I had to get up at 8:30 which wasn't THAT horrible Razz Spanish class was good though, we learned to describe each other and learned about the clothes. Eva told me she was really glad how well I was doing and often had me translate *Sheepish grin* I'm really proud, okay?

After Spanish class I went home to eat, get changed and go swimming again, though this time we didn't actually go swimming, just hung in the grass and tried to get tan - OH I HAVE TO TELL YOU HOW THE SWIMMING POOL IS, it's like a big garden with grass and trees and three pools and a few shops with drinks and ice cream. It's amazing.

After swimming I went to do Creative arts lesson, yesterday we made juggling balls out of flour and balloons but today we made wallets out of milk cartons. It was epiccake.

After that lesson I went home, gathered my stuff and then Eva drove me to her house, because I was going to stay the night at her's with Birta and Eva's son, Juan. (Eva's the spanish woman controlling the shit, Margrét is the icelandic one). Juan is very cute and talks good english and we're getting married Wink I kid, I kid.

He invited us to a party, offered us alcohol but ya know I'm on meds so I cant drink, but the party was good even if my voice is completely gone because of my cold and we got tired so we left around two-ish. It's amazingly cold here in Spain even if its 20° celsius Razz
Lucy Odair
Lucy Odair

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Odair Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:29 pm

1. Julio/1. July:

VIVA LA ESPAÑA!
Spain won the EM! WEHOO. It was amazing to watch, we went to a bar and the spanish people totally lost it in celebration, it was pretty epic.

Other than watch the game I went swimming with Patricia (my spanish sister) and her friends. Birta's coming over to stay at my house next weekend I think! Very Happy

Bar the football and swimming nothing much happened, I finished the fourth book of the House of Night series, and I finished City of Bones the other day and started the next one in the Mortal Instruments series, and if I ever get to read again I will finish it soon (I already bought number three in case, as well as the first one of Vampire Academy Razz)

Tomorrow I wont be on at all, for I am going to SEVILLA and will write a LONG post about that when I get back.

No I'm going shopping soon with some icelandic peeps and some spanish peeps, epiccake yea?

I hope you're all well, I miss you guys!

Much love
Sig
Lucy Odair
Lucy Odair

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Odair Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:17 pm

July 2nd:

School. Shopping. Sleeping.

July 3rd:

SEVILLA.
Sevilla was amazing, we arrived around 10 and went to look at some stuff, places and stuff, or well the other kids did I ewnt to meet with Sara and Guiomar, girls from Spain that I hadn+t seen for 7 years! SEVEN. It was a bit awkward at first but so good to see them!

And then I and all the other kids went shopping, H&M, Mcdonalds! EVERYTHING. It was amazing, so much money was spent (and Ib ought my self a mockingjay pin cus Im cool)

Then we went to Isla Magica, which is a tivoli Birta and I got lost of course, that was epic and then we went home.

Juaaaaaaaan and IIIIIIIIIIIII had few moments, but like I dont know, he's a nice person, he's probably nice to everyone Razz STILL threading the wholet ivoli for me was really nice of him.

July 4th:

Paddle (sport), school and stuff.

July 5th:

Swimming, Juan, football, Juan, getting lost with Birta again.

I CANT BE BOTHERED TO WRITE ABOUT MY TRIP RIGHT NOW Very Happy <3
Lucy Odair
Lucy Odair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down