Pigfarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just A Run In (Sky/Mel)

2 posters

Go down

Just A Run In (Sky/Mel)  Empty Just A Run In (Sky/Mel)

Post by Melanie Frost Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:41 pm

Mel hoisted her school bag further up on her shoulder as she made her way over the meadow. She'd been studying in the sun - like the lame-Pyxis she was, the common room had just been awfully loud and the sun was shining, so she hadn't been able to resist.

The grass was extraordinary green this afternoon, it seemed. And Mel found her self getting distracted watching the grass as she walked, focusing on her feet instead of looking out for where she was walking and before she knew it she had stumbled into someone, jumping backwards in shock and stumbling away from the person, nearly falling when she saw who it was.

Sky. Sky. The Sky. Sky Rider. What. Oh God. No. What. Sky-"Oh... Hi."
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Just A Run In (Sky/Mel)  Empty Re: Just A Run In (Sky/Mel)

Post by Sky Rider Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:36 am

It was just a stroll. He was just walking around to clear his mind. Alec had been driving Sky crazy ever since he had accidentally let slip that he had a crush on Roslyn Spinnett. Apparently, his cousin was close friends with Rose and he didn't appreciate this "new development".

"How can someone be so annoying?" Sky muttered quietly, running his hand across his face. In a random stroke of laziness, the Crux left his hand there for a few seconds, finding the action soothing to his developing headache. This led to him crashing into someone.

"Oof!" He looked down, and noticed that he had bumped into none other than Melanie Frost.

"Er, hey," Sky said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. This was the first time he had spoken to Mel since the 'break up'. In his opinion, that was just a nice way of referring to the time when she dumped him. "How've ya...been?"
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Frost Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:57 am

This was awkward. 'Awkward' didn't even being to describe this. Mel had barely seen Sky nor had she spoken a single word to him since they broke up. And that was like a whole year ago, give or take. So this was not just awkward, but this was insanely, insanely, insanely awkward.

"I've been good-" Mel finally managed out after a far too long silence. "-And you?" Awkward. Was he seeing someone? Merlin, she didn't know. Did he know she was seeing Jack? She didn't even know that either. Mel had pretty much ignored everything Sky-related since... the break up or whatever it was. Ugh. "It's been long..." No fucking shit.
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:06 am

Sky swore he would drown with the awkward tension that surrounded them. "I've been...good, too. Er, I've made another friend," he said, laughing nervously.

He didn't know why he said that. Yeah, Mel had been his only friend back when they were dating--he preferred being alone most of the time--but he didn't know why he felt the need to tell he made a new friend. 'A' being the word that kind of made him feel pathetic. That would bring his total friend count to 1. Lovely.

"Yeah. Really long. A year, right?" Sky asked, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "So, how're your friends?"

Would it be rude if he just walked away? Probably.
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Frost Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:37 am

Mel wasn't sure if to cry because this was insanely awkward, or laugh - again because this was insanely awkward. She stifled a some-what a chuckle at his sentence. "Friends are... good." Well, Sky had never been the person to have lots of friends, so that was a really good thing wasn't it?

"Anyone I know?" Why Melanie. Why did you ask that? Take that question back right now. Who asks someone who their friend is? Who asks their ex-boyfriend who their friend is? Ugh, what is wrong with you? Don't answer that.

His question about her friends, caught the red head of guard slightly. "They're.. they're uhm good," she answered. "We kind of hit a rough patch few months back, didn't talk for about three months-" Why am I still talking? "But then we all made out-" ... "-I mean up. We made up." She clasped a hang over her mouth. She really had meant 'up'. Where the hell had 'out' come from? What the hell was she even doing. Run Mel, run.

Looking up at Sky, Mel couldn't help but break out into laughter. "Merlin, did I really say 'out'?" she choked out through her giggles.
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:48 am

"Uh, not sure. Do you know a Roslyn Spinnett?" Sky asked, not sure why he was asking in the first place. Did exes usually have these kinds of conversations? He would ask Alec, but his convos with his exes usually resulted in 'I-hate-you' sex.

Sky didn't see that happening anytime in this life time.

"'Out'?" Sky asked, laughing. "That's a-a nice mistake. The thoughts a little gross, though."

Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Frost Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:54 am

"Rose?" Mel's eyes went slightly wide. "Yeah, I know Rose. We went shopping for dresses together for the dance where you and I-" Stop. "Yep. I know Rose." Awkward.

Once Mel had managed to get a grip of herself and stop her insane laughter, she looked at Sky again, feeling slightly defensive at his words. "It would not be gross!" And it wasn't a lie either, well not if you thought about it, technically she'd kissed both Leo and Jack. Just not Zoltan, now THAT would be gross. "Okay, me kissing Zoltan would be disgusting." Why did you say that?"
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:03 am

And the tension thickens, Sky thought. "That's...cool."

"Zoltan and you kissing is gross, but the thought of Jack kissing Leo isn't?"

Sky didn't know how he remembered Mel's friends' names. He hadn't really cared much for them to begin with, and he hadn't really thought of them in a year. But, he supposed, they were very...unique. They weren't the easiest people to forget.

"I'm sorry, Mel, but is this as awkward for you as it is for me?" Sky asked suddenly, running his hand through his hair nervously.

Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Frost Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:15 am

"If Jack's been kissing Leo, I'll break him." The words slipped out before she could stop herself, and Mel found herself watching her own feet with great interest. You're such a subtle, angry, jealous ginger Melanie.

She felt slightly relieved at Sky's question and she looked up, half smiling as she sighed. "I would say it's 'worse' but that sounds rude." she smiled slightly again. "It's really bad that we're this awkward around each other, you know." she bit on her lip. "I would've hoped we'd you know... stay friends or something..."
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:24 am

Sky quirked a confused eyebrow. "Wait, you and Jack are together?" He asked. "Well, I can't really say I'm not surprised."

Stay friends? That was...strange.

"I would've hoped that too. But, ya know, I think my pride was a bit wounded. My girlfriend dumped me when she was drunk because a random girl checked me out. Though, to be honest, that probably should've made me feel better. I mean, you got jealous so easily."
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Frost Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:46 am

He wasn't surprised? Well, that surprised her. If you had asked Mel, few months ago if she and Jack would ever get together, she would've laughed and found that idea rather ridiculous. "You're not surprised?" she raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?" she coughed a little before she added. "Oh, and yeah... we kind of are... together."

Mel laughed again. "Well, it was a very attractive blondie, and I swear to this day you were totally into her." she nodded her head, but grinned. "And I'm not the jealous type." Yes, you are. "Not really." You really are. "Maybe when I'm drunk I get a bit jealous." And when you're not drunk. "Maybe." Stop talking to yourself.
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum