Once In A Life Time

Go down

Once In A Life Time

Post by Melanie McKinnon on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:22 pm

Mel closed the door behind her, looking around and taking in her house. She sometimes missed it, though staying with James had its' perks. The house seemed pretty empty, but it usually never was. Stil she wasn't sure who was around, her siblings had the habit of locking themselves in their rooms, which made the huge house seem empty. Which could be slightly scary at times.

She looked down at Alexander, who had his eyes wide open and smiled up at her and she hugged him closer to her chest. "Hello?" she called out, walking towards the stairwell. "Anyone hooome?" Alexander gave a little cry and Mel winced. "Sorry baby, mummy didn't mean to be loud." God, she'd never get used to calling herself that.

Last edited by Melanie McKinnon on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melanie McKinnon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Once In A Life Time

Post by Ginny Weasley on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Willow was wrapped up in her duvet, sat on her floor leaning against her bed, nose burried in a book, happily shutting out everything else that was going on in the world. Not that she didn't do that before. But now it was just much more enjoyable to read a book on her own than in the company of someone else.

There was one thing that was definitely worth leaving her room for however. One thing that, from the voice of the person who was asking if anyone was home, was there. Willow stood, her duvet falling down, dropping her book on her bed, still holding her teddybear to her chest, before darting out of her room to find her nephew.

A grin spread across her face as she saw the face of Alexander from the top of the stairs, before racing down, coming to a halt in front of Mel. "H-hi!" she squeeked, her teddy coming to hide her face slightly, glancing between Mel and Alexander. "How are you? How's Uncle James' house?"

Hopefully her voice wouldn't be too muffled.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:39 pm

"Willow!" Mel smiled happily when her little sister came to view. "I'd started to think none of you were at home." she lowered her arms a little so Alexander would be in a better view for Willow, who was obviously very fond of her nephew.

"We're both really good. James' house is great!" Mel nodded her head. James' house was great when she didn't get too homesick. "Are you hungry? I'm hungry. Should we cook something?"

"Do you want to hold him?" Mel wasn't much for letting people hold Alexander, but this was Willow, even if she was a child and could just as easily drop him, she was still family and Mel was pretty sure Willow would be careful. She wasn't sure if she'd let Lizbet hold him. She was even a little skeptical when it came to Laura and William. "You'll have to let go of the teddy though."
Melanie McKinnon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Weasley on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Willow shook her head, trying to think if anyone else was home or not. "I'm not sure if anyone else is here...I've not really heard anyone. I've been reading though," she stopped trying to think about it when she got a better view of Alexander though.

"Uncle James' house has always been really nice...appart from when it needs cleaning, I guess," at the mention of cooking something, Willow figured that she probably should eat. She couldn't quite remember the last time she ate. "I'm kind of hungry, I guess. We can cook something. I-I don't know what's in the house."

Something told her that cooking with Mel probably wasn't going to cure her hungry, but she enjoyed it still.

Willow's eyes widened slightly when Mel offered for her to hold the baby. Could she hold the baby? She really wanted to hold the baby. But she was also really scared that she'd drop the baby. And she really didn't want to drop the baby. Because dropping the baby would not be a good thing at all.

Biting down on her lip and looking up at Mel to make sure it was okay, Willow hesitantly put her teddy on the ground, feeling slightly bare without him, before trying to mimick how Mel was holding the baby, holding her arms up like a cradle for the baby to be placed in. She really didn't want to drop him.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Mel raised her eyebrows a little. She really hoped Willow wasn't home alone, or she'd have to yell at William and Laura, who supposedly were in charge (worst idea ever), for leaving a child alone. Maybe William was sleeping, hungover or something, at least that'd mean he was in the house. Where the hell was Laura? And Matthew?

"James' house is cleanish now." Or as clean as it could be with her and a baby around. With babies came mess, Mel had learned. "I'm sure you have something eatable or something I can cook." or burn, but you know it was the thought that counted. "Have your siblings been starving you?"

Looking down at her sister from a moment and then at her son, Mel bit her lip. Okay, giving Alexander to someone else was always hard. Family member of not, but she reminded herself she could trust Willow. "Okay, just remember to support the head-" she said as she bent her knees a little for it to be easier for her to hand the boy over to her sister. "There you go! I'll have to get a picture of you two. Come, walk with me into the kitchen."
Melanie McKinnon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Weasley on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Willow giggled slightly as Mel said James’ house was cleanish. She wanted to see it, now that it had a baby and Mel living in it. She wasn’t sure if that would make it cleaner or worse. “No, they haven’t. I still get fed! I think I should probably learn to cook myself soon, though. I mean, I’ve helped you and James before, but…” but last time they ended up ordering a takeaway.

She could feel her heart pounding when Mel bent her knees and handed Alexander over. Willow held her arms the same way she’d seen Mel do, and how she did with her dolls. At the reminder she shifted one arm slightly, to make sure she was supporting his head. There was a few moments of staring in wonder before she looked back up at Mel. She was holding her nephew. And she would make sure no one hurt him. And that she didn’t drop him.

Her smile widened when Mel mentioned a photo, nodding and following her to the kitchen. “I think we have pasta,” Willow murmured, walking carefully to make sure she didn’t fall over anything. “Pasta’s easy to make, right? And it’s nice. I-I’m holding him okay, aren’t I?” she checked, glancing back down at him. He didn’t really seem uncomfortable.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 am

"Maybe Ollie can help you learn," Mel suggested. Oliver was the safe option. Laura probably didn't know how to cook, or the difference between a fork and a spoon. Will didn't strike her as the cooking type either, at least not the 'let's not use alcohol' type. Matthew could possibly cook, but he was a bit awkward and Mel wasn't sure how many things he could cook. Liz and Willow didn't get on very well and Mel wasn't even sure Liz ate. Which was another thing to worry about, or have someone else worry about. And then Odette was a child, that was not supposed to go in the kitchen unsupervised. How did none of them know how to cook? Even she couldn't cook. She was blaming that one on their parents.

Willow looked rather cute, holding Mel's baby like that. But it was Mel's baby and she kind of wanted to snatch him back. But she breathed in and breathed out and beamed at the two of them again. "You look adorable," she told Willow. "A baby looks good on you," Will would've killed her had he heard that. She giggled to herself.

Pasta's easy to make? Says she! She's not the one cooking it. Mel frowned. "Sure, easy to make. Something like that.:" she nodded. "Uhm, I think I should go find a pot. And... preheat the water?" That was what you did with pasta right? "As long as he's not crying, I'm sure he's fine. And then sometimes even when he's crying, he's still fine!" Mel glanced at the two of them again, smiling. "Where's the pasta again?" The kitchen was like a foreign battle field.
Melanie McKinnon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down