Bingo Bango Bongo

Go down

Bingo Bango Bongo

Post by Merrill Adlington on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Merrill bit down on her lip as she crawled through more mis-shapen bushes in the forest that surrounded their home. There were lots of holes from where creatures had travelled through, and it was a creature that they were looking for now. Her lizard, to be precise. Though she wondered exactly how she managed to lose him, seeing as he was kind of big. But lizards were foresty-colour. They just blended in with the background.

"Liink," she whined slightly, pulling herself out the other side of the bush and standing on her knees, looking around for her brother. "Where are you? Have you found him yet?" Merrill decided that making a comment about how he was small and should be doing all the crawling probably wouldn't help her, seeing as he might leave. And she needed help. "I'm getting really worried..."

Last edited by Merrill Adlington on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Merrill Adlington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Bango Bongo

Post by Link Adlington on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Link could honestly say he had absolutely no idea how Merrill had managed to lose the lizard. He'd always thought it was pretty big and hard to lose, but then it had a mind of it's own, he guessed, and it had a pretty decent camouflage.

He was pretty tired too and could have quite happily stayed in bed rather than get up and do things, namely looking for Merrill's lizard, but she seemed to genuinely want to find it and he figured the quicker they got it, the quicker she'd stop whining.

"No, I can't see it," Link replied to her, before kicking himself to try harder. "Can't you like... call it something? Like the loftwings. Whistle for it!" He knew that was probably wishful thinking, but he couldn't see another obvious way of summoning it back. "Maybe I'll go check the houses. He could be in my bed or something." He yawned widely.

Rubbing his eyes, he grinned and looked around. "What's his name? Lenny? Wenny? Wenny the Wizard?" he teased his little sister, following her in the general direction she was headed. It was his only strike of vengeance, and as far as he planned he would never let it drop.
Link Adlington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrill Adlington on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:51 pm

Merrill pouted and huffed slightly as Link said he couldn't see the lizard. This was taking far too long. She just wanted to play, she didn't want to waste her whole day looking for her lizard. But she didn't want to just leave him, who knew what would happen to him! He might get eaten! Or...something equally as bad that she didn't want to think about.

"No, I don't think I can whistle for him, I've never trained him to come to a whistle..." she frowned as he suggested going to check the house. "He's not there! I already told you, I looked everywhere in the house already- wait, are you trying to get out of helping me?" she should've guessed.

She frowned more when he started teasing her, deciding holding back on the short comments was a bad decision. Merrill couldn't help but stomp her foot. "It's not funny! He could be in serious trouble! Besides, the only reason you can't see him is because you can't see anything," she began heading further into the forest again, raising her hands to her mouth. "Lenny!" she called out. "Where are you?!"
Merrill Adlington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Adlington on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Link grinned as she latched onto his reasoning for going back to the house and shrugged. "It was worth a shot. I'm just joshing you. Where the hell did you leave it? Maybe it's curled up and er... gone to sleep." Could lizards sleep? He could sleep. He had a great capacity for sleep. Sleeping was one of his favourite things. Why wasn't he sleeping right now?

He knew teasing her would get a jab back, and laughed as he pushed himself up onto tiptoes. "I resent that," he told her, before jumping to try and get some more height. He still couldn't see it, though he wasn't particularly sure how hard he was looking. He did feel a little bad though, she did seem considerably worried.

"He'll turn up," he assured her, though he joined her in yelling his name, before looking for a convenient tree to climb up. If Merrill searched low, he could look up high just in case the bloody thing had grown wings. Plus they could climb, couldn't they, lizards? It surprised him how shockingly little he knew about them considering his sister owned one.

"Lenny!" he yelled, looking around from where he perched. "Lennnnny! Leeeeeenn- oh shoot!" Link swiped for another branch as he lost his footing, almost falling from the tree. He readjusted himself, gripping the branch as hard as he could. "Lenny?"
Link Adlington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrill Adlington on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Merrill began to panic slightly when Link suggested he'd gone to sleep, completely forgetting that she was supposed to be angry. "What if he has gone to sleep? How will we find him if he's gone to sleep? Though I guess then he's stationary and won't go wandering further away but then it'll be harder to tell the difference between him and the ground and what if we've gone past him already, Link?! Maybe we should go back and retrace our steps?" she began to hop on the toes of her feet slightly in her panic. "I have no idea what to do!"

She watched him try jump to gain height, finding it kind of amusing. It clearly wasn't going very well. "I think you need to jump higher than that to see," she teased lightly, attempting to put herself at ease. She did feel slightly better when Link said he'd turn up. Merrill trusted her brother.

"Try not to fall up there!" Merrill called with a jovial tone, though she was slightly worried. She frowned after a moment, looking up into the trees. "Why am I-oh never mind!" she got back down on the ground, trying to look beneath the growth. Now she was kind of distracted with worrying about whether or not Link would be safe.
Merrill Adlington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Adlington on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:24 am

"Merrill, seriously, you worry too much," Link cut across her with a grin as he stared around from his new vantage point, looking around. It was pretty big, the lizard, though he wasn't sure how going up high would help him very much. It wasn't like he had incredible eyesight. "If the thing's gone to sleep it'll have woken up from you shouting or it's just out of earshot and will wake up when it hears you. Trust me, I know what it's like to wake up to your voice." He smirked, before testing his stability on the tree again by taking one of his hands off of the branch to cup round his mouth. "LENNY!"

Sometimes he really wished that they had been gifted with Elven magic sooner rather than later. Whereas his friends here all seemed to be grappling with it, he and Merrill had none, and it really made things difficult sometimes. He couldn't help but wonder had they had it bestowed upon them yet they could have found the lizard already.

It wasn't until a few moments later that it occurred to him that he did have wizarding magic, and Link couldn't believe he hadn't thought of that sooner. What had he been taught at school that helped summon things? Summoning spells. "Hey, Merrill," he yelled down to her. "I could try summon it if you like. Just have to find my wand." Damn, where was his wand anyway? He'd put it in a safe place. But where was that safe place?
Link Adlington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrill Adlington on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Merrill pouted slightly when Link told her she worried too much. Maybe she did. A tiny little bit. But it was Lenny! She was allowed to worry too much about her baby. "My voice isn't that annoying!" she huffed, feeling incredibly offended. "Obviously it'd wake him up because he loves me and doesn't want to cause me pain."

She mentally forgave Link for being mean when he called for Lenny again though.

She continued to scramble round on the ground, becoming worried about how far away from the village they were getting. Usually she'd jump at the chance to push the boundries that their parents set, but not today.

"Summon it?" Merrill's voice was laced with uncertainty. "It won't hurt him to be summoned, will it? Can you find your wand? I have mine if you can't. Would that work? Or would that make it more dangerous? Surely there aren't that many places to hide it when you're so small."
Merrill Adlington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down