Pigfarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cold comfort{Rosie and Sky}

2 posters

Go down

Cold comfort{Rosie and Sky} Empty Cold comfort{Rosie and Sky}

Post by Roslyn Spinnett Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:35 am

'It's the middle of winter,' Roslyn thought idly, stabbing lightly at the small lump of ice cream still left in her bowl. 'Why on earth am I eating ice cream?'

Shaking her head slightly, she smiled to herself. She'd been on an impulsive tear since professor Coleko had caught her and Liz (Mostly Liz, that shameless turncoat...) putting pro-Crux graffiti in the meadow. Maybe it was because she felt guilty, even when she hadn't done anything wrong; maybe she was trying to constantly keep herself distracted so that she couldn't feel guilty.

Casting a glance around the shop idly, still lost in thought, she sighed. It was pretty empty, save for her, a few business men discussing a business trip to Saturn over sundaes, and a boy who she was pretty sure she'd seen around the school.

Sky. Wasn't that his name? He was dating Melanie, wasn't he?

Pursing her lips, she set her head on her hand and let herself wonder, completely unaware of the fact that she was still looking at him.

Roslyn Spinnett
Roslyn Spinnett

Back to top Go down

Cold comfort{Rosie and Sky} Empty Re: Cold comfort{Rosie and Sky}

Post by Sky Rider Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:45 am

Sky stabbed at his ice cream violently. He was taking out his frustrations on the poor dairy product to prevent himself from snapping at some innocent passerby. Though he wouldn't admit it, he was taking his break up with Mel not so well.

"Stupid blond bimbo," Sky muttered under his breath as he remembered the whole reason Mel dumped him.

No, we dumped each other, Sky reminded himself. Sighing angrily, he stuck a spoonful of chocolate ice cream into his mouth. His aunt had told him that chocolate ice cream was good for the soul, whatever that meant.

Lifting his glare off the table, Sky looked around the parlor, his brown eyes not really looking for anything in particular, but that didn't stop them from meeting the gaze of a girl. A pretty girl at that. Quirking an eyebrow, he shot her a cross between an amused and irritated look.

Sky recognized her. She was the friend of that girl his cousin, Alec, had a crush on. Rose, wasn't it? A Lacerta, he remembered.
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Roslyn Spinnett Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:50 am

It didn't immediately occur to Rose that the boy she just happened to be looking at was returning her gaze.
Her initial thought was 'I wonder who peeved him off just by coming in the door.'

Unfortunately, that theory was squashed into a few thousand tiny pieces as she glanced back over her shoulder, wondering if she should move. If there was going to be a brawl, she didn't want to be in the way. However, with her theory squashed, her more immediate concern was that she'd been caught staring by a guy. A cute guy, even if he was someone else's "turf".

Flashing a quick, sheepish smile, she turned back to her ice cream, praying that her cheeks weren't already turning strange colors.
Roslyn Spinnett
Roslyn Spinnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:59 am

Sky couldn't stop the smirk that pulled at his lips as he watched Rose look behind her from forming on his face. She hadn't even realized that he'd caught her staring. It was...cute.

Dropping the spoon int he bowl of half-eaten ice cream, Sky leaned back in his chair, placing his hands on the back of his head. He returned her sheepish smile with a smug one of his own and chuckled under his breath as she blushed a light pink.

Examining the bowl in front of him, Sky decided that he'd rather not torture it any more and stood from his seat. Not even bothering to do anything with the dairy treat, he made his way to Rose's table and stood across from her.

"Hey, I'm Sky. You're Rose, right?" Sky said, flashing her a confident smile.
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Roslyn Spinnett Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:39 am

It seemed like a fraction of a second, but before she blinked, Sky was at his table, and after she blinked, he was standing across from her, smirking.

And dammit, he was cute. How could he not be with the dark hair, and the dark eyes, and that grin?

'Melanie will eat you alive if you flirt with him,' she chanted in her head as she turned to face him.

"That's me," she said, grinning in a way that she hoped didn't look too nervous. "Nice to meet you," she said, standing up and offering him her hand.
Roslyn Spinnett
Roslyn Spinnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:52 am

Reaching out to grasp Rose's hand, Sky brought her hand to his lips and kissed the back of it. "Likewise," he murmured.

Releasing her hand, Sky took half a step back and stuffed his hands in his jean pockets.

"Do you mind if I join you, Rose? It's kinda boring sitting by myself over there, and I'd really like the company. Especially if the company is a beautiful flower like yourself."

Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Roslyn Spinnett Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:01 am

Had someone just injected her with pepper-up potion? She could feel the temperature rising in her cheeks, and she could have sworn there was steam leaking out of her ears.

"Not at all," she managed, forcing herself to relax. Sure he'd just kissed her hand, but he was still withMelanie, wasn't he?

'Judging by the kissing, and the smirking, and the complementing- No,' she thought, wishing she wasn't such a wallflower and that this wasn't the first time a guy that wasn't a teacher or Alec had talked to her.
'I wonder what happened there,'

Sitting back down, she pursed her lips. "So, what brings you here?"
Roslyn Spinnett
Roslyn Spinnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:22 am

The fact that he could make Rose blush so much brought a cocky smile onto Sky's lips. Shaking his head slightly in amusement, he took a seat across from her with a quick "thanks".

Resting his hands on the back of his head like he had done earlier, Sky shot Rose a lazy half smile.

"I was in the mood for some ice cream. Speaking of which, do want any more? They have this new redvine flavor and I've been dying to try it," he said, dropping his hands as he sat up a bit.
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Roslyn Spinnett Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:25 am

[Gah! Sorry it's taken me so long!]

"Sure," Rose said, smiling wanly. "Shall we split it?" she asked, raising one eyebrow.

She didn't really feel like she could finish the whole thing by herself, but half of it would certainly give her something to do and prevent her from saying anything overly stupid.

"Redvine ice cream. What can't be done with redvines?" she mused, shaking her head.
Roslyn Spinnett
Roslyn Spinnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum