Pigfarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Show Goes On

2 posters

Go down

The Show Goes On  Empty The Show Goes On

Post by Melanie Frost Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:18 pm

Melanie entered the inter-house common room smiling to her self, the Pyxis common room had been so empty so she decided to come here instead to have the chance to meet someone.

Sitting down she pulled up her paper and finished writing her letter to home, she was going to tell her mother about the dance in hope that she could maybe send her a dress for it, if her mother even bothered to read the letter that is.

She sighed and closed her eyes, leaning back, but her eyes flew open again when suddenly there was a sound behind her and she looked up to see the sound maker.
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

The Show Goes On  Empty Re: The Show Goes On

Post by Sky Rider Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:28 pm

Sky never had a problem getting girls. Yes, he was only thirteen, but, where he came from, it wouldn't be weird to see a nine year old boy with a girlfriend. So, when he heard about the dance, he didn't really start hyperventilating about who he should ask out, when to ask them out, and if they'd accept. He just decided to wait until he found a decent girl that wasn't a total pain in the neck.

Walking into the inter-house common room without watching where he was going, Sky's leg hit the edge of a table, causing it's contents to spill on the ground. He cursed and bent down to pick up the lamp (which had remained in tact) that had fallen off, a light blush on his cheeks. Looking around to make sure nobody had seen what had happened, he saw a cute red head on one of the sofas who was looking at him.

"Uh...um...I swear that that table moved," Sky said, rubbing his neck in embarrassment.
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Frost Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:32 pm

Melanie stiffled her laughter as she noticed the boy. "Moved huh? Well we are in a magic school, I guess stuff like that can happen." she grinned a little shy and blushes slighty; the boy was rather good looking if you asked her so it was a bit awkward talking to him just out of the blue.

"I'm Melanie," she said, deciding that it was best to interduce herself, instead of sitting there doing nothing other than being awkward. "Do you have a name?" she asked, crossing her left leg over her right, and offering the boy a smile.
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Sky grinned slightly, trying to brush off the embarrassment. "It's definitely possible. I heard Hogwarts, a magic school on Earth, has moving staircases. I think tables would be a step down from that," he told her, walking away from the 'moving' table and towards the girl.

"It's nice to meet ya, Melanie. Do you have a nickname or do you prefer Melanie?" Sky asked, sitting down on the couch across from her. It would be way too awkward if he just decided to sit next to her.

"No, actually, I don't have a name. On my birth certificate they wrote 'N/A' because my mom couldn't decide on what to call me," he joked, trying, and failing, to keep a straight face. "My name's Sky like the sky."
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Frost Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Melanie grinned at his question and answer. "The nickname is Mel, like... I dont know, is Mel a word?" she asked, grinning to herself. "Well Sky, like the sky, is that short for something? Skylar? Skylander? Or just Sky?" She asked, smiling a bit at the boy - Sky.

As she listened to him answer she reached out and grabber her half finished letter and stuffed it in the pocket of her jeans before leaning back on the couch.
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:57 pm

"No, I don't think Mel is a word," Sky chuckled, stretching out on the couch. "Maybe in another language. It might mean something in Martian, but I'm only fluent in two languages: English and Gibberish. But I doubt Gibberish counts."

Mentally cursing himself for babbling like a bumbling band of baboons, Sky smiled. Like his father always said: if you feel like an idiot, smile like one.

"Sky is just Sky. Although, I do wish it was short for something. Skylar would be a cool name. But, since, for some reason, my parents felt the need to name me just Sky, I can kiss that wish goodbye," he said.

Now he was sure that he had caught foot-in-mouth syndrome. He needed to stop babbling.

"So, what were you doing here all alone?" he asked, deciding to just ask questions instead of risking more diarrhea of the mouth.
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Frost Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:05 pm

Melanie laughed. "Skylar is a nice name, but I like Sky, its a... diffirent name. Mel isn't maybe a word, but it's really common name, Melanie - I mean and Marlene, they aren't diffirent and not that rememerable either." she shrugged.

She patted on her pocket which held her letter. "I was writing home, asking for a dress," she shrugged again. "Everybody seems going crazy because of the ball, so it hit me I should maybe get a dress." she laughed. "What about you? What are you doing here all alone? Other than batteling moving tables of course," she smirked.
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:23 pm

"Maybe you don't have a memorable name because you're already a memorable girl," Sky said, looking into her eyes. He couldn't decide on what color they were, but he could decide that they were beautiful.

Gasping in fake offence, Sky crossed his arms and pretended to be angry. "I'll have you know that battling tables is much harder than it sounds. It takes extensive training and beats your dignity down to a pulp," he told her, looking upset for about four seconds before he burst out laughing.

"Seriously though, I haven't really made any friends. I've been to busy being me," Sky said cockily. "The Crux common room was too crowded, so I decided to come here. They're all talking about the ball and who their date is. So far, I have no clue who I'm taking. What about you? Who's the lucky guy who gets to be your date?"
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Frost Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:33 pm

Blushing slightly at him calling her "memorable" Melanie laughed softly. "Ah, I dont know about that," she smiled, switching her legs so the right one was on top of the left, she gave away a sigh.

"No one," she sighed again. "No lucky guy for meh," she smiled shortly "I haven't met anyone that would possibly ask me," she shrugged. "But I guess I could go with some girls," she shrugged again. "But then again I dont know many of those either." she laughed, blushing again and was now sure her face was the same color as her hair.
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:42 pm

"You don't give yourself enough credit. We've been here for a few months, and you're the only person who I consider a friend. Add the fact that we just met into that and I'd say that you're pretty memorable," Sky said, shrugging at the end as if everything he just said was common sense.

Not being able to keep the smile off of his face when he told her that she didn't have a date yet, Sky adjusted his position on the couch so that he was facing her properly. "Since we're both dateless, why don't we go together?" he asked. Then, thinking that she'd probably take it as going as friends, he rephrased it. "Mel, do you want to be my date to the ball?"
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Frost Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:50 pm

Mel blushed again. "Well you aren't that easy to forget your self," she smiled. She wasn't lying the boy was really lucky when it came to his looks and he was also easy to talk to, which was always a plus, and on top of that really charming.

She blushed again as she nodded. "I'd love to go with you Sky," she smiled and found her face growing even redder with each word.
Melanie Frost
Melanie Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Sky tried to ignore the slight warmth on his cheeks when Mel called him memorable. Nobody had ever called him that. With girls it was usually something like hot or a god, but never memorable.

As Mel's face got redder, the grin on Sky's face got bigger. She said yes. "Awesome. Now I know that the ball is gonna be fun," he said. "And now I have to get some dress robes..."

Great, he thought, groaning mentally.
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum